Although we didn’t interview the vampire (was filmed here), we learned five non spooky facts:
- Vlad the Impalor, the Prince of Wallachia, who Dracula was named after didn’t live in this castle.
- Bram Stoker, Irish, the author of Dracula, never visited Transylvania.
- The castle was a fortress to keep the Turks away. Dracula was not a Turk.
- The Romanian royal family converted it into their Summer residence because Dracula didn’t live here. The surrounding views are quite spooctacular.
- Worried about off-season winter chills? You’ll have the castle all to yourself. Don’t mind the slippery wet cobbles, Count Dracula will come find you before you fall on your back.